Friday 20 December 2013

Foodie Friday: Low Fat Raw Vegan Rainbow Tacos


I generally eat a low fat diet, but the last few weeks I have really been delving into the “801010” lifestyle (Google Doctor Doug Graham if you want to know more details) and I’m eating little to no fats and mainly raw hi-carb fruits and vegetables. I don’t usually commit to something unless I believe it can be a lifestyle, and I believe this way of eating can definitely become a lifestyle for me.  I am going to continue on the low fat hi carb mostly raw vegan diet for another couple of weeks and see if it is working for my body, and me, and if it is I will 100% commit to it. Anyway, as it is foodie Friday today I thought I’d share with you a low-fat hi-carb raw recipe, my Raw Tacos.  These are absolutely phenomenal, and with such few ingredients, they are cheap and easy to make. (Also extremely delicious)  The perfect fresh Cos lettuce leaves go so well with the juicy tomato salsa and raw guacamole. I never measure anything, so I am giving you an estimated ratio as to what I use when I make them, it usually changes every time. (feel free to change it up)

Low Fat Raw Vegan Rainbow Tacos



Ingredients

Taco Shells

  • 1 x Cos Lettuce
Tomato Salsa
  • 2-3 punnets of organic cherry tomatoes (any type can be used) diced 
  • ½ cup of raw sweet corn kernels (2 small sweet corn approximately)
  • ½  large lemon 
  • ½ large  lime
  • 1 small chilli chopped
  • 3-4 fresh leafs of coriander chopped
  • dash of paprika 
  • 1 red salad onion diced

Guacmole
  • ½ large avocado 
  • ½ lemon
  • pepper and Himalayan salt to taste (I don’t usually use salt, but it does add a nice flavor)

Method

1. Separate cos lettuce leaves, wash, pat dry with hand towel and set aside.

2. Chop up all tomato ingredients, mix well together in a small bowl, squeeze the juice of both the lime and lemon, and give another good stir. Set aside.

3. Mash up desired amount of avocado, till smooth and creamy, squeeze in lemon and add salt and pepper if desired to taste.

4. Fill separated cos lettuce “shells” with a few tablespoons of tomato salsa and a dollop of guacamole (I keep them to about a teaspoon size to keep the overall meal low-fat)

5. Repeat step 4, using the rest of both the “salsa” and guacamole.

Voila an easy, simple, cheap and quick dinner or lunch. These are exceptionally tasty, healthy and convenient.  A lot more nourishing compared to the deep-fried tacos sold in fast food chains.  These are the perfect contribution to a picnic when you don’t know what to bring, the perfect dinner when you don’t know what to make and the perfect FAST-FOOD!

I hope you enjoy!

Smile always,


Demi



(SERVING SUGGESTION: RAW VEGAN PICNIC)

1 comment:

  1. Can look at my blog and see nutritional facts of healthy, low fat food at grocery stores.

    ReplyDelete