Wednesday 18 December 2013

Well-Being Wednesdays: Isabelle Cornish

You may have seen her skating down the roads of LA, her black high top converse manoeuvring her Z-FLEX at a fast-paced speed with her boyfriend Mitch, sitting on a beach in Sydney with her adorable ducklings Daphne and Derby, whilst watching Puberty Blues causing all sorts of mischief, playing her infamous character Vicky, or you may have even seen her skipping rope on a large green field, sporting bright pink bonds bottoms. Though Isabelle Cornish is known for her stunning looks, incredible vintage inspired sense of fashion and remarkable talent on screen. There is more to this 19 year old Australian girl then meets the eye, growing up on a farm in the Hunter valley, Isabelle has always had a connection to nature and in addition to growing up with a health-conscious mother it is no wonder Isabelle adopted a love for everything health and fitness related. With a passion for health, fitness, a mainly plant-based diet and a healthy realistic body image, Isabelle has become an inspiration for teenage girls, including myself around the globe. Sharing her adventures, delicious wholesome vegan food creations, pictures of her more then adorable pets and her envious wardrobe on instagram, it’s hard not to admire the laid-back, positive and happy lifestyle she lives. I had the absolute honour to meet her recently and I am even more honoured that she took the time out of her busy schedule to be a guest on my blog.  Isabelle is one of the few women I look up to and inspire to be like, I absolutely adore her and I know you all will too. Say hello to Isabelle! 


Name?
Isabelle Cornish

Age?
19 years

Where do you live?
At the moment I'm living the gypsy life travelling and staying with family.


What initiated your healthy life style?  And/or how did it start?
When I was younger I always had a bit of baby fat, then when I was about 15 I was determined to loose it. I started eating healthy and exercising. I quickly found a love for healthy clean eating and how amazing it made me feel.

What does health mean to you and why is it important? 
Health means everything to me; if I am not surrounded by love, good food and Nature I perish very quickly. It is important for my work and for my mind, to lead a healthy lifestyle. I love to feed my body what it wants/needs so I can reap the end results like having nice skin and a healthy figure
   



When on the run, what are your go to meals and snacks?
I normally have a raw food bar, vegan protein shakes or ill pack some carrots and cucumbers.

What aspects are in adaptable when it comes to your diet?
Living an overall healthy lifestyle, this means healthy food, enough rest and regular exercise. If I don't look after myself the best I possibly can, I will not be able to work to my optimum ability. 

  

Are there any people who inspired you to make this lifestyle choice and/or who you admire? 
My Mum, she has always had a very healthy lifestyle and inspired me to keep fit and eat good quality food.

What is your favourite live-by quote?
'Radiate positive vibes' I'm trying to live by that at the moment.

What is your favourite way to stay active? 
Running is one of my favourite things to do because it’s free and you can do it anywhere, anytime!


What are your top 3 tips to stay healthy, happy and positive? 
Nourish yourself, listen to your body and sleep well

Why is self-love important?
I believe Self-love is important because its a gift to be living and breathing and I think treating yourself right makes not only you happy but makes overall makes a happy life.

What do you hope to achieve in the future/what are your goals? 
I hope to have a long career in film whilst learning and growing as a person. I hope to inspire, give and travel the world.

Do you have any books, resources, or tools for someone aspiring to live a healthy lifestyle?
I have a collection of books at home, like 'easy vegan; , 'i quit sugar', 'the raw food detox diet' and many others! I find I gain most of my inspiration off blogs and articles on the Internet. I also love following instagrams like 'lorna jane' for daily motivation.


What do you think is the biggest issue with health in our society?
The amount of fast and processed food that is currently readily available in society today. The issue of expense with health is also a major issue, where many health foods are expensive, which really bugs me because some families’ don’t have enough money to purchase wholesome health foods.


What has been your proudest moment on your journey and what has been your most challenging?
One of my proudest moments is being told by young girls and teens that I inspire them, it felt and still feels amazing. Some of the most challenging things for me has been travelling and leaving my family and friends and auditioning for projects to then be told I am not right for them. It really is a long journey into the acting world and a career; I have to try stay very motivated all the time.  


How can we find you?
I am on instagram under @isabellecornishh and I also have a tumblr blog www.getyourhandsoutofmycookiejar.tumblr.com



Share your favourite recipe? 
My favourite and go to breakfast is a hearty porridge. It's the perfect way to start the day, especially when I have a busy day ahead of me.

Hearty Almond Milk and Oat Porridge
1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of whole grain oats
1 1/2 cups of water
1/3 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon of chia seeds
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 tbs of raw buckwheat groats
1/2 cup of fruit (banana, strawberries, blueberries ect.)
3 tbs of coconut yogurt 

In a small saucepan bring water and milk to boil. Stir in oats. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. One all the liquid is absorbed, remove the pan from heat. Spoon oatmeal into bowl, top with chia seeds, cinnamon, raw buckwheat groats, fruit of choice and a few dollops of natural coconut yogurt. Sometimes I like to serve it with a herbal tea.



A tasty, healthy breakfast to fill you up and keep you energised.

Isabelle

x

No comments:

Post a Comment